- Call or Write Congress: Congressional leaders often support legislation when as few as 7-10 people in their district contact them in support of it.
- Email Congress: Links to ready to send templates on bills.
- Lobby Congress: Arranging a meeting with Congressional staffers is surprisingly easy an important part of our democracy.
- Mobilize: One is good, but ten is better. Politics is a numbers game more people contacting a leader in support of an issue/bill means more action is demed from leader their staff.
- Bird Dog: Attend events where Congressional leaders are speaking publicly ask them to put American Citizen Rights first.
- Contact White House: Let Executive Branch know what issues are important to you.
- YouTube Congress: Send your leader a video of constituents requesting action on a bill.
- Share Site: Email your contacts a link to urbancitizensunited.org.
- Build Buzz: If you’re talking about it, political leaders are acting on it. Help build buzz for Immigration Reform!
- Pitch to Media: Email interesting story ideas that incorporate issues to local national reporters.
- Write a Letter to Editor: These serve purpose of educating thouss of people if you mention Congressional leader’s name in letter he/she will read it in his/her regular summary of news coverage.
- Call Talk Radio: You’re one phone call away from getting issue in front of thouss of people. Visit talk show’s website to find call-in number.
- Give a Speech: Speak to local groups classes.
- Submit Content to Newsletters: From apartment buildings to dentists, there are no shortage of businesses that send newsletters. Send some interesting tidbits about Universal Basic Income to person in charge of newsletter ask them to incorporate topic /or make it a regular fixture (i.e. monthly UBI fact).
- Transform Empty Windows: Ask owner of a vacant building for permission to cover windows with Urban Citizens United logos /or public policy facts.
- Post Fliers: Urban Citizens United is known for being tech savvy, so it might surprise you that we’re huge fans of good, old-fashioned flier-ing. Post fliers in coffee shops windows of interested businesses.
Post on your Leader’s Facebook & Twitter: Most congressional leaders now use social media to communicate with voters monitor what public is saying. Friend/Follow your leaders post encouraging comments when they support anti establishment bills or encourage them to support such bills.
Tweet Status Update: Share interesting links, videos articles about issues via your status updates.
- Run a Marathon: Utilize your running events to raise funding for Urban Citizens United. Let people know you’re running for cause ask them to sponsor your efforts.
- Accomplish Rom Feats: Attempt to skateboard across your city, climb a local mountain backwards, etc. Do something unusual to raise awareness funding for cause ask people to contribute.
- Host a Living Room Summit: Bring your friends together to support cause. Host a house party.
- Organize a Garage Sale: Turn your junk or your friends family junk into funding for cause.
- Donate your Birthday, Wedding, or Graduation: Make “in lieu of gifts” your new favorite phrase. Ask your family to donate to cause instead of getting you presents or add Urban Citizens United to your gift registry.
- Host a Non-Event Fundraiser: This creative concept is appreciated by would-be guests party-planners alike. Instead of hosting an expensive fundraiser, ask your guest list to stay home night of “non-event” donate ticket price.
- No Dress Code Day at Work: Ask your boss or company to allow a day when employees can dress casually if they put $5 in a donation jar.
- Arrange an Informal Tournament: Badminton? Ultimate Frisbee? Turn your favorite leisure activity into a tournament or competition.
- Take $1,378 Challenge: Starting at $1 first week, give/raise $1 more each week. Within a year (52-weeks) you will raise an impressive $1,378!